Click on the list of applications in the left bar for more detailed instructions.
TC-11 Aerosol Applicator
The aerosol is well suited to treating large areas, such as the undercarriage of vehicles, engines, transmissions, boat engines, andother applications where a thin film is being applied to a large area for corrosion control purposes.
TC-11 Bulk Application
TC-11 is well suited for large scale applications, such as construction equipment shipped as deck cargo. TC-11 can be applied with a one-gallon low pressure sprayer, a five-gallon knapsack sprayer. Contact us if you have any questions about large scale applications.
SHAKE CONTAINER WELL BEFORE USING TC-11
DO NOT PAINT OVER TC-11
- Clean area to be treated.
- Allow surface to dry.
- Apply a light coat of TC-11 to metal surfaces. Repeat process 3-4 times a year.
- Spray area with TC-11.
- Use a paper towel, cloth, 0000 steel wool or a stainless steel wire brush to agitate surface.
- Clean area with a water spray, paper towel or cloth. Repeat steps 1-3 if necessary
Freeing frozen bolts and parts.
TC-11’s superb penetrating characteristics easily fill the interstial spaces in frozen parts for unparalleled unlocking of frozen bolts and parts.
- Spray frozen bolt or part with TC-11.
- Wait 10-30 seconds.
- Apply torque in a back-and-forth motion. Repeat steps 1 to 3 if necessary.
- Apply a small amount of TC-11 to the moving metal parts.
- After 20 minutes, wipe off excess TC-11.
Electrical System Waterproofing
Apply TC-11 to spark plug boots, distributor cap, coil or coils, battery terminals, multi-pin connectors, and terminal strips. Do not apply directly to fuse labels or other sensitive adhesive labels. Do not apply to arcing contacts. TC-11 is an insulator that will cause a small voltage drop across the connection that does not increase over time. An untreated connector will corrode and the voltage drop will increase until the component no longer functions.
Long-Term Storage: If equipment is to be stored for more than five months, apply a heavy coat of TC-11, wait 20 minutes, and apply a second heavy coat. Wash down equipment with a water spray to remove any dust and debris.
Application Specific Directions
- Flush frozen locks and drain vertically overnight.
- For operating locks, put a small drop of TC-11 on a key and insert the key into the lock. Repeat application annually.
- Apply TC-11 to metal surfaces.
- Let the TC-11 set for 20 minutes.
- Hose down bicycle.
- Apply a small amount of TC-11 to the drive chain, pivots, and cable sleeve ends. Repeat process 3 times a year.
- Clean metal parts with a cloth or a degreaser and a water rinse according to all environmental rules and regulations.
- Allow surface to dry thoroughly.
- Restore primer film and paint film as necessary.
- Apply TC-11 to all metal parts. Repeat steps 1– 4 every 3 months.
Apply to metal engine parts, throttle sleeve ends and linkages, transmission, undercarriage, locks, hinges, and door tracks twice a year. Do not apply TC-11 to the radiator or A/C condenser fins, brake rotors, or brake pads.
Preventing vehicle damage due to road salt
- Make sure that paint and undercoating are in good condition.
- Wash down undercarriage.
- Allow undercarriage to dry.
- Apply a heavy coat of TC-11 to the entire undercarriage.
- Allow the TC-11 to set for 20 minutes.
- Apply a second heavy coat of TC-11. Repeat steps 1-6 at beginning, middle, and end of snow season.
- Apply to tools, window operators, locks, and hinges on an annual basis.
- TC-11 removes rust stains from porcelain and fiberglass quickly and easily.
- TC-11 removes adhesive residues and indelible ink.
- Apply TC-11 to fishing reels, guns, PWC, ATVs and other metal equipment 48 hours prior to use.
- Clean equipment after use.
- Allow equipment to dry.
- Apply a thin coat of TC-11. Apply two thick coats of TC-11 before long-term storage periods.
I put TC-11 on a metal overhead door that was difficult to operate and it was making a lot of noise. As soon as I put TC-11 in the operating mechanism, it was much easier to operate and it no longer made any noise. The amazing thing is that this was three years ago, and the TC-11 is still doing its job. When I applied the TC-11 some of the over spray landed in a fish pond that was below the door. I figured that the fish were in big trouble. It turned out that the TC-11 had no effect on the fish. I recommend the product to everyone”.GLEN – KAILUA, HAWAIIGLEN – KAILUA, HAWAII.